HMQ LLC is a developer and publisher of mobile apps that are made available through app stores such as the iTunes App Store, Google Play and Amazon App Store and other platforms such as Facebook (our "Apps"). HMQ is responsible for the provision of the apps and related services (such as support, our website, competitions, newsletters, advertising, etc.) (collectively the "Services") and is responsible for the processing of data.
We want our apps to unite people in fun and pleasure, so we develop apps that you can play and share with other people. This means that our services can be shared with friends or used in social networks. We believe that privacy is as important as bringing people together through our apps, and that's why we strive to protect your privacy as much as possible. If you use third party services - for example, when playing one of our apps on Facebook - please note that these services also collect personal information that is not part of our service.
What are my rights?
You can contact us at any time with questions about your rights regarding the protection of your data or if you wish to exercise any of your subsequent rights:
- Right of revocation according to Art. 7 para. 3 DSGVO (e.g. you can contact us if you wish to revoke a previously given consent to receive a newsletter)
- Right to information according to art. 15 DSGVO (e.g. you can contact us if you want to know which personal data we have stored about you)
- Correction according to Art. 16 DSGVO (e.g. you can contact us if your e-mail address has changed and you want us to replace the old e-mail address)
- Deletion in accordance with Art. 17 DSGVO (e.g. you can contact us if you want us to delete certain data that we have stored about you)
- Restriction of processing in accordance with Art. 18 DSGVO (e.g. you can contact us if you do not want us to use your e-mail address for sending newsletters, but only to send you e-mails that are absolutely necessary)
- Data transferability in accordance with Art. 20 DSGVO (e.g. you can contact us to obtain your data stored with us if you wish to upload the data to another service)
- Objection in accordance with Art. 21 DSGVO (e.g. you can contact us if you do not agree with one of the user analysis procedures specified here)
- Right to complain to the competent supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 Para. 1 DSGVO (e.g. you can also contact the data protection supervisory authority directly in the event of complaints)
Deletion of data and storage duration
Unless otherwise stated, we will delete your data as soon as they are no longer needed (e.g. your e-mail address after unsubscribing from our newsletter). Your data will also be deleted or made anonymous if a storage period prescribed by law expires (e.g. legal storage periods for payment transactions). Certain data may have to be kept longer for legal reasons. You can request information about the stored personal data.
Data collection in our apps
When you use our services, we collect and store certain information about you in order to provide our apps and services, to improve your overall gaming experience, and to provide you with customized offers (e.g., certain in-game offers that you may like after you play):
- Temporary unique device identifiers (e.g., IDFA and Android ID) and random client IDs and user IDs
- Progress in the game and game behaviour (e.g. how fast you reach a certain level or how you decorate your island)
- In-App purchases (e.g. how many diamonds you have purchased at what price)
- Game version (e.g. v1.23.111)
- Language settings (e.g. system language English)
- IP address (e.g. 96.92.316.example or 2a02:7122:8337:1112:bdb2:651f:example)
- Approximate location based on IP range (e.g. "Berlin & surrounding area")
- Internet providers (e.g. "Unity Media" or "Deutsche Telekom")
- Internet speed (e.g. 120 Mbit)
- Date and time of the game session (e.g. 11:45 on 25.05.2018)
- Browser and version (e.g. Chrome v65 or Safari 11.1)
- Operating system (e.g. MacOS, Android)
- Hardware (e.g. Intel processor)
You may already know that your IP address and other unique identifiers can theoretically be traced back to you or the device you play on. To protect your privacy, we delete or make anonymous many of the identifiers in our database and most technical data after your playing session. All other data is used solely for statistical purposes to optimize the game, to provide interest-based advertising (see "Personalized Advertising" below for more information), and to provide you, the player, with a more personalized gaming experience (e.g., automatic difficulty setting based on your gaming behavior). The purpose of temporarily storing this data is to connect to our game servers, which is necessary for the provision of our apps and services, and to provide you with a more personalized gaming experience. The legal basis is the contract with you pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO and the legitimate interest in accordance with the European data protection requirements pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO. Furthermore, we apply the above-mentioned security measures to protect your data.
Mobile apps and app authorizations
When you download our apps as mobile apps or purchase in-app items through an app platform (such as the Apple App Store or Google Play Store), you submit certain information to that platform, including your account information, such as name, device ID, email address, and payment information. We have no control over and are not responsible for this data collection.
Some features of our apps require access to certain features and services on your device. Depending on the mobile operating system you use, you may need to allow certain app permissions. We will now explain what these permissions are:
Push notifications: By selecting OK in the "Allow Push Notifications" pop-up window, you allow the app to notify you about certain in-game events even if the app is not currently open. You will then receive notifications in the form of sounds, messages and/or icons (an image or number on the app icon).
External memory (change or delete your external memory, read the contents of your external memory): These functions allow the app to cache content on your device. The app only uses its own memory space for this purpose. Other data on the external memory is not deleted, changed or read.
Internet connection (Get Internet data, full network access, view network and Wi-Fi connections): These features allow the app to retrieve data from the Internet and determine whether you are connected to the Internet via a Wi-Fi network or a mobile data connection. This is to prevent large amounts of data from consuming the possibly limited data volume.
Deactivate the hibernation mode: This feature allows the app to deactivate the phone's hibernation mode (for example, to display videos without turning off the screen).
To protect your privacy, all app permissions are optional, except for the technical permissions required to run the app. You can reject permissions at any time (by clicking "no" or "do not accept" in your device settings). You can also revoke permissions later by changing the settings on your device. The purpose of requesting these permissions is to keep you and the game informed about game updates, game-related news and notifications. The legal basis is your consent in accordance with the European data protection regulations pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a DSGVO.
Connect to Facebook
- Public profile information (e.g., Facebook name, your profile picture and other public information, etc.)
- Friends list (friends you are connected to on Facebook)
- Email address (the email address you use to log in to Facebook)
- ID for your profile (not your Facebook ID) assigned by Facebook specifically for the game
We use this information to improve your gaming experience (e.g. you can see which of your friends are playing the same game as you and vice versa) and also for market research and advertising, but only after anonymization.
To protect your privacy and the privacy of your friends, Facebook lets you choose which of your Facebook information you want to share with us (except for required profile information), and we ensure that personal information is deleted or anonymized so that it cannot be traced back to you in our systems. Since some of the Facebook Services are located in the United States and therefore in a country outside the EU and EEA (a third country), further safeguards are required to ensure that your information is protected in accordance with a European level of data protection. Facebook has been certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield for its advertising-related services and has thus demonstrated an adequate level of data protection (https://www.facebook.com/about/privacyshield). The purpose of collecting and storing this information is to connect with your friends on Facebook, provide you with a cross-platform gaming experience, synchronize your saved game status, and provide personalized advertising. The legal basis is your consent - if you decide to connect your Facebook account - in accordance with the European data protection regulations in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO.
We use advertising technology in our apps and exchange Advertising IDs with external advertising networks to display personalized advertising within our apps. We and our trusted partners collect and process the Apple Ad ID (IDFA) on iOS devices and the Google Ad ID on Android devices to enable interest-based advertising and to measure the success of the above-mentioned advertising. Advertising IDs are unique but non-personalized and non-permanent identification numbers provided by your operating system and device. How to enable or disable advertising technologies within the mobile apps is explained below:
Open the "Settings" application of iOS and select the menu item "Privacy" and then the sub-item "Advertising". If you check the "No Ad Tracking" option, we can only take limited measures, such as identifying unique users or fighting fraud. In the same menu, you can delete the IDFA at any time ("Reset Ad-ID"), and a new ID will be created, which will not be merged with the previously collected data.
Open the "Settings" application and select the "Google" menu item. Depending on your device, this option may not be visible in the main menu, but you can use the search feature at the top of the Preferences menu to find it. There, select the "Ads" sub-option and enable the "Opt out of Ads Personalisation" option to prevent profiling and interest-based advertising from being displayed. You can delete the Ad ID in the same menu at any time ("Reset Ad ID"), then a new ID will be created so that the previously collected data is not merged.
To protect your privacy, we only store personal information temporarily. In addition, users can disable interest-based advertising in the device settings as described above. In addition, by entering into privacy agreements, we ensure that our external service providers are committed to a high level of data protection. The purpose is to improve our apps and provide more personalized advertising to the player. The information we collect helps us to improve our websites and apps while keeping our apps free for a wide range of players. The legal basis is the legitimate interest in accordance with the European data protection regulations under Art. 6 Para. 1 letter f DSGVO, which we have evaluated together with our data protection officer. In addition, a data processing agreement has been concluded with the external advertising networks in accordance with the requirements of Art. 28 DSGVO.